The Brentwood Library building is owned and operated by the City of Brentwood. Providing meeting room space for library sponsored events, city-sponsored activities and Brentwood civic groups and corporate users is an essential component of the library’s overall program.
The Library's public meeting room can seat groups up to 110 people. Brentwood residents and businesses may reserve the room for groups and meetings. Certain fees and restrictions apply.
Peter Nash Photography
MEETING ROOM RESPONSIBILITIES
The following is a summary of responsibilities that all groups must follow to ensure fair and equitable access to the meeting rooms.
- Checks for the damage deposit and rental fees & equipment must be on deposit at the library within 5 days of making the reservation.
- Survey the room and notify staff of any damage or uncleanliness upon arrival for the meeting.
- Set up tables and chairs.
- This may require heavy lifting so come prepared.
- Set up any needed audio/video equipment.
- Access to the AV equipment storage will only be granted to the primary contact person.
- Please make necessary arrangements prior to the day of your event.
- Obtain a pass key the day before your event if the meeting starts before library opening hours.
- Return the pass key within 24 hours after the event occurs.
- You may return the key to the Reference Desk or drop it off in the bookdrop.
- Clean the room after the event.
- Trash taken to dumpster
- Tables wiped clean.
- Floor vacuumed.
- The kitchen must be cleaned as well if used for the event.
- The primary contact person and guests of the event must comply with the library's Meeting Room policies, forms to complete and information rules and regulations.
Need help in person? Visit the Reference Desk
STUDY ROOMS AND FALL CONFERENCE ROOM
- The Library's Fall Conference Room can be reserved for groups with 7
to 19 in attendance.
|Peter Nash Photography
- There are five study rooms available for use by groups and individuals for cultural, informational, educational, intellectual and civic purposes. The rooms are designed to seat up to six people with the following arrangements:
• The Doan and Shaw Study Rooms each have a large table surrounded by six chairs, plus two lounge chairs with tablet arms.
• The Bell, Frisch and Leadership Study Rooms each have six lounge chairs with tablet arms, which may be rearranged to suit each group.
• All study rooms are equipped with a flat-panel monitor. This can be connected to a patron laptop using the cable provided.
- All study rooms and Fall Conference Room have access to wireless internet service at no charge. Wireless printing is also available for a per-page fee.
- The Study Rooms and Fall Conference Room may only be reserved by Brentwood Library cardholders.
Last updated: 1/23/2013 4:22:58 PM