5211 Maryland Way
Brentwood, TN 37027
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
The Planning section guides the physical development of the City as prescribed in the Brentwood 2020 Plan and Municipal Code (including zoning, subdivision, and related regulations).
Current Planning activities include:
- Assisting property owners, developers and others in the application of zoning and subdivision regulations
- Review of project plans for compliance with zoning and subdivision regulations
- Administration of regulations related to signs, floodplain development, hillside protection, home occupations, and other development related issues
- Staff support services for the Planning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals
Long Range Planning
Long Range Planning activities include:
- Stewardship of the Brentwood 2020 Plan. The 2020 Plan is the City's comprehensive plan, and contains the community's vision for future growth and development. The plan identifies tools to help future growth match the City’s vision. By anticipating what type of growth and development is likely, and where it is likely to occur, the plan helps the City place the “big stuff” – such as infrastructure and roads - in the right locations. It also helps coordinate City services. The plan is currently being updated, a process that expected to conclude in the fall of 2014. Click the link below for more information.
- Stewardship of the Brentwood Major Thoroughfare Plan (MTP). The MTP is a companion to the Brentwood 2020 Plan. As its name implies, it identifies the needs of the City's major roadways, including a list of priorities and projects designed to provide the maximum possible relief to traffic congestion.