The City of Brentwood is located in Williamson County, Tennessee on the southern boundary of Metropolitan Nashville. We are a professional, progressive law enforcement agency committed to providing excellent service to the citizens and visitors of Brentwood. The Department is comprised of 58 sworn officers who are supported by a 14 person civilian staff. The department is made up of three divisions; Field Operations, Criminal Investigations, and Technical/Support Services. The Brentwood Police Department is proud to have been an Internationally Accredited Law Enforcement Agency since 1989 and strives to maintain the high standards of CALEA in all areas of our department.
The Brentwood Police Department hires only the most qualified applicants, thus the testing and selection process is very competitive. If you are up to the challenge of working for one of the nation's finest law enforcement agencies, we encourage you to apply today!
Females and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a High School Graduate or possess an equivalency, PLUS sixty (60) semester hours college credit; or
- 2 years military service with honorable discharge AND 30 semester hours college credit; or
- 2 years law enforcement experience and 30 semester hours college credit.
- Must be of good moral character.
- Must have no tattoos visible in a traditional short sleeve uniform.
Applicants must successfully complete the following:
Physical Fitness Test
Oral Interviews (Two interview panels)
Police Chief’s Interview
Thorough Background Investigation
Medical Physical Examination
- Must attend academy training at the Tennessee Law Enforcement Training Academy if not previously certified.
- Previously certified officers from out of state must attend (3) week Tennessee Transition Academy at TLETA.
- Academy graduates must then complete a twenty (20) week Field Training Program. Previously certified officers may be eligible for an abbreviated FTO program.
- Upon completion of the FTO program, the officer will be assigned to a shift in the Field Operations Division.
- The Brentwood Police Department places significant emphasis on training and education and makes specialized courses available to all officers. During 2014, sworn officers attended 6,702 training hours divided among the 56 sworn officers.
- Paid Vacation- (12-18 days annually)
- Paid Sick Days
- Educational Pay Supplements
- Tuition Reimbursements
- Nine Paid Holidays Per Year
- Health Insurance (No cost to employee, the City pays 50% of Family Coverage)
- Life Insurance (No cost to employee)
- Enhanced State Retirement Plan
- Deferred Compensation Supplemental Retirement (matching funds)
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Reimbursement Plan
- Short Term / Long Term Disability
- No-cost YMCA Membership
- Up to a 10% increase in starting pay for certified police officers
- Shift Differential Pay
- $200 per month Vehicle Supplement
- All officers are fully equipped at no expense to the officer.
The City of Brentwood accepts applications for Police Officer on a continuing basis. We will be conducting our next testing process for Police Officer candidates on Monday, September 12, 2016. The deadline for applications for that testing process is August 26, 2016. Certified Police Officers are encouraged to apply. Visit the Human Resource page for additional information.
For more information visit the City's Human Resources page or
Click here to download an application.
Applications may be mailed or delivered to the following address:
City of Brentwood
ATTN: Director of Human Resources
5211 Maryland Way
Brentwood, Tennessee 37027
The City of Brentwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer