2012-2013 Friends of the Brentwood Library Board of Directors:
First Row (left to right): Patricia Webb, Mary Lou Montague, Debbie Heibert, Mayron Huddleston
Back row (left to right): Robin Gray, Bill Ousley, Margie Jones, Angela Leach, Loyce Hooker, Becky Logan,
Cyn Sweet, Susan Earl, Sandra Osborne, Pat Buzzell, and Commissioner Jill Burgin.
|FRIENDS OF THE BRENTWOOD LIBRARY BOARD
- President: Mary Lou Montague
- Vice-President: Debbie Heibert
- Secretary: Patricia Webb
- Treasurer: Karen Anderson
- Membership: Robin Gray
- Newsletter: Debbie Heibert
- Hospitality: Sandra Osborne
- Book Sales: Cynthia Sweet
- Amazon Sales: Loyce Hooker
- Historian: Pat Buzzell
- Parlimentarian: Mayron Huddleston
- Programs: Dick Fankhauser
- Telephone: Angela and Eugene Leach
- Art Gallery: Scott Garrett, Margie Jones, and Joan Lawler
- Publicity: Becky Logan
- Member-at-Large: Bill Ousley
- Member-at-Large: City Commissioner Jill Burgin
Contact the Friends
You may contact Friends of the Library President Mary Lou Montague by leaving a telephone message at 371-0090, ext. 8340, or by sending an e-mail.
Membership dues are $20 annually for individuals, $30 for families, $50 for civic groups and $200 for a lifetime membership. Dues may be paid at the library or mailed to the Friends at 8109 Concord Rd., Brentwood, 37027. New members are always welcome.If you are an artist or collector interested in exhibiting your work in the Friends Art Gallery please fill out the attached application form.The Friends actively recruit volunteers for the book sales and other service to the library. Please call Volunteer Coordinator Jen Wooters at 371-0090 ext. 8860 or e-mail a message about your interest and availability.
The Friends of the Brentwood Library is a nonprofit (501c3) service organization dedicated to the advancement of our community through its library.
The Friends have accomplished much in 36 years of service working side-by-side with The Brentwood Library from its humble beginnings to what it is today, making the library truly one of the finest libraries in Tennessee.
Friends' Contributions to the Library
The Friends sponsor book sales four times a year and on-line through Amazon.com and donate countless hours of volunteer service. All monies from the book sales go directly back into your library! Following are some examples of special projects proceeds have allowed the group to fund for the library in 2012:
- Library staff scholarships for library staff for travel and attendance at conferences and workshops: Georgia Archives Institute archival training; Tenn-Share Conference; Tennessee Association Of School Librarians Conference; BookExpo America Conference; Mid-Atlantic Polaris Conference; Tennessee Library Association Conference; Electronic Resources & Libraries Conferences; and National Library Legislative Day in Washington, D.C.; sponsor and support Staff Development Day.
- Summer Reading Program
- Electronic equipment
- Additional wiring for the security cameras
- Poinsettias to decorate the library during the holiday season
Friends of the Library Art Gallery
Each month a different artist is featured on the Brentwood Library’s Gallery Wall at The Brentwood Library, 8109 Concord Road. The artwork can be viewed during regular business hours. Artists and collectors - Please complete an Exhibition Application and return to Art Committee, Friends of the Brentwood Library, 8109 Concord Road, Brentwood, TN 37027 to be considered for an exhibit.
Friends of the Library Showcase Display
Exhibitors display artwork/collectibles at the Brentwood Library's Friends of the Library Showcase Display in the lobby of the library. The display is on view at the library for two months. Artists and collectors - Please complete an Exhibition Application and return to Art Committee, Friends of the Brentwood Library, 8109 Concord Road, Brentwood, TN 37027 to be considered for an exhibit.
FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY USED BOOK SALE
QUARTERLY USED BOOK SALES
Year-round the Friends seek donations of used books for our quarterly book sales. Simply drop small donations at the check out counter at the library during the library's hours. If you have a large donation please call ahead and arrange for someone to meet you at the back door with a cart (phone 371-0090, ext. 8240). Your contributions are always appreciated.
DID YOU KNOW THAT FRIENDS SELL 1,000s OF ITEMS
ON-LINE THROUGH AMAZON?
Visit their storefront at
2013 BOOK SALES
Book sales begin on
Thursday morning at 11:00 a.m.
Come early for the best selection!
January 17 through 19
April 18 through 20
Thursday 11:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
July 18 through 20
October 17 through 19