Photo by Peter Nash
Every second Thursday of the month
Thursday, December 12
TAB is a group of 6th-12th grade Brentwood Library members working together to make The Brentwood Library a better place for teens. They meet once a month to advise and collaborate with the Teen Services Librarian on teen-related programming and materials.
TAB is committed to creating a youth-friendly (6th-12th grade) library by aiding in the availability of popular and relevant media, and planning and implementing active youth programs that are interesting, safe, and fun.
TAB MEMBER TASKS
- Attend monthly TAB meetings
- Suggest teen program and event ideas
- Keep the Teen Services Librarian informed of your school’s library events and other extracurricular happenings
- Publicize and promote teen programs and events
- Liaise between your school librarian and the Teen Services Librarian at The Brentwood Library
- Actively participate in the Teen Summer Reading Program
- Suggest materials to build the teen collection of books, magazines, games, music, and other media
- Evaluate and review materials in the teen collection
- Provide input on Library policies affecting teens
- Help keep the teen area clean and attractive
TAB MEMBER BENEFITS
- Become community leaders
- Share enthusiasm for reading and learning
- Make The Brentwood Library a great place for teens
- Meet new people and make new friends
BECOME A MEMBER
Fill out the TAB interest form here. The Teen Services Librarian will schedule an interview once the interest form has been submitted and received.
Contact the Teen Services Librarian, Kersten Fons at 371-0090 ext. 8040 or firstname.lastname@example.org