General Policies and Procedures
Below are the General Policies and Procedures for rentals at Ravenswood. You can download a copy of the policies here. If you are using a caterer, florist, or decorator, there are separate policies that are available here.
- Monday – Thursday 9:00am – 5:00pm………..………………..$500.00
- Monday – Thursday 5:00pm – 11:00pm…………………….. $1,500.00
- Friday, Saturday and Sunday 9:00am – 11:00pm…................. $3,000.00
Rental fees include the exclusive use of the house and surrounding grounds.
Note: The house is closed Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve & Day and New Year’s Eve & New Year’s Day.
- The first floor is designed to accommodate 75-100 persons for a seated dinner. For a standing reception event, the house will accommodate 200 persons. Because the house is divided into rooms, an inside wedding ceremony would be limited to a small group in order for everyone to be able to witness the ceremony. Outdoor ceremonies are held on the lawn or on the front porch. The second floor provides a changing room for use during weddings for the bride and groom. A restroom is also available on the second floor.
- For business meetings/events, Ravenswood has 3 main rooms on the first floor of the Mansion that may be used. Each room can hold approximately 20-30 people and various types of room/table configurations. There are a limited amount of tables and chairs for business events.
- Individual dates can be booked 18 months in advance.
- To reserve a specific date, please view the Ravenswood Mansion calendar for availability. If the date is available, send an email with your requested date to ReservationsatRavenswoodMansion@brentwood-tn.org. The date will then be put on "hold" for 24 hours. You will receive an email confirmation of the hold.
- A reservation is secured upon receipt of the signed Rental Contract and fifty (50%) percent of the rental fee. Checks, cash or credit card payments are accepted. Credit card authorizations may require an additional transaction fee. Checks should be made payable to City of Brentwood and can be mailed to City of Brentwood, Attention: Ravenswood Mansion, P.O. Box 788, Brentwood, TN 37024-0788.
- The balance of the rental fee, the damage deposit ($1,000) and the cleaning fee ($300) are due six months prior to the event. Failure to meet this payment schedule will be considered a cancellation with no refund.
- The damage deposit ($1,000) is refundable after the event if there is no damage to facility, furnishings or grounds and all terms and conditions listed on the Damage Deposit Form are followed. This amount is subject to increase if the City Manager or his designee determines that based on the nature of the event a higher amount is warranted to protect the City.
- Cleaning fee ($300) each day rented is a non-refundable fee.
- Unreserved dates (weekend days: Friday, Saturday and Sunday) may be booked within thirty (30) days of an event for 50% of the regular rental rate. All monies, including damage deposit and cleaning fees, must be paid in full at the time the reservation is made.
- Please contact us as soon as possible when you need to cancel. The City will return fifty (50%) percent of the rental fee deposit if the renter cancels six (6) months or more prior to the event. Due to the fact that most weddings and similar events are booked six months or more in advance, if you cancel within six (6)months of your date, you will not be eligible for a refund of your rental fee.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing; preferably by email to ReservationsAtRavenswoodMansion@brentwood-tn.org
RENTAL ITEMS POLICY
- The lessee may use any vendor for the rental of tables, chairs, linens, china, etc. The rental list must be attached to the Vendor Event Checklist that is to be submitted to the City representative two weeks prior to the event.
- All rental items must be delivered and picked up within the confines of the rental period unless other arrangements have been made with City representative; no storage space is available.
- There are a limited amount of tables and chairs for business events.
- The City will not be held responsible for loss or damage for any personal or rental items.
- Please review this policy with your rental company.
- Tents are only allowed on the grounds in designated areas. There are three locations for tent placement plus three power distribution boxes for band/lighting hookup. No tents are allowed to be set up in front of the house. Tent approval must be obtained from the City in advance.
- Tents must be delivered and picked up within the confines of the rental period unless other arrangements have been made with the City representative.
- All tents must be supplied, erected and removed by a commercial tent company. Tents must be constructed of fire retardant material and meet all guidelines established by the fire marshal.
- The City is not responsible for the tent nor items set-up under or around the tent.
- The lessee will be responsible for any damage to the grounds resulting from the installation, use and removal of the tent structure.
- Use of any type of flooring for the tent must be approved by the City representative.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- Lessees may use a catering service of their choice.
- Caterers are responsible for the cleaning of the space they use and returning it to the condition in which it was found.
- Please review the Caterer Guidelines with the caterer.
- A copy of the off-site liquor license is to be provided with all of the final paperwork to the City of Brentwood by the catering company supplying the alcohol.
- Alcoholic beverages may be served only by ABC licensed bartenders. The company employing the bartenders must have a copy of their ABC licenses on file.
- The lessee is responsible for adhering to all state and local regulations governing the consumption and serving of alcoholic beverages.
- Please review the Alcoholic Beverages Policy.
- The City of Brentwood requires each renter to provide $1,000,000 general liability insurance coverage for the event, naming the City of Brentwood as an additional insured if the event involves more than fifty (50) people or the use/consumption of alcohol. Proof of such insurance must be provided two (2) months prior to the event date.
- All caterers must carry $1,000,000 in general liability insurance and provide the City of Brentwood with a certificate of insurance 2 weeks (fourteen days) before the event.
- If alcohol is served, the policy must include Host Liquor Liability of $1,000,000.
- All other vendors contracted by the client must be insured with $300,000 liability insurance and provide the City of Brentwood with a certificate of insurance two weeks (14 days) before the event.
- Parking is available in the adjacent parking lot.
- The driveway is only for drop off of guests.
- Valet parking or a parking director is strongly encouraged for nighttime events or any event over 50 guests.
MUSIC & DANCING
- Ravenswood has 3 power distribution boxes at 3 different locations for band/sound and lighting hookups in the designated tent areas.
- Outdoor music on the Mansion grounds must never exceed 90 decibels and must cease at 10:00pm.
- To prevent damage to the original wood floors, no dancing, bands or DJ’s are allowed inside the Mansion.
- Signs, banners, or any other decorations may not be taped, nailed, stapled or otherwise fastened to the property. No holes may be drilled or punched anywhere on the property.
- Lessee assumes all responsibility for any items brought onto the property.
- The use of candles is not permitted inside the Mansion.
- All outdoor candles must be enclosed in a glass container and must be votive or pillar candles. No liquid fuel candles are permitted. No flame of any kind, (other than described above), is allowed on the premises.
- Please review the Decorator/Florist Guidelines.
- Wedding pictures prior to wedding date may be scheduled through the City representative.
- For weddings, one hour will be allowed for the rehearsal the day before the event between the hours of 3:00pm-5:00pm unless these times conflict with another event. If a conflict occurs, special times may be approved in advance.
- An event planner is recommended for your special day and all of the activities that surround it. If you do not have a planner, a City representative will be happy to advise you on how events work best in the Mansion and on the grounds but will not serve as your event planner.
- A City representative will be present during the event but will not assist with the event including set-up and/or clean up.
FINAL EVENT PLANS
- A Vendor Event Checklist is included in the informational packet and should be returned when you have finalized your plans (no later than two weeks from event date) to ensure that all needs of the client and the Mansion are met.
- If you have questions or concerns, please contact City representative, Amanda Bledsoe, 615-371-0060 or ReservationsatRavenswoodMansion@brentwood-tn.org during regular office hours.
- All personal and rental property must be delivered and picked up within the confines of the rental period unless prior arrangements have been made. Delivery and pick-up must be scheduled through the City representative.
- Damage to the house, furnishings or other items must be reported to City representative.
- Moving of furniture is strictly prohibited due to the historic nature of the furnishings and the original wooden floors in the house.
- Alcohol may only be used in accordance with the Alcoholic Beverages Policy.
- Bars will be closed no later than 10:00pm to ensure the event end time of 11:00pm will be met by the lessee.
- All vendors will have cleared the grounds no later than midnight (12:00am) on the night of the event.
- Lessee is responsible for returning the grounds and facility to the condition in which they were found.
- For social events, the second floor may not be used except as a changing area for the bride and groom or otherwise by special permission of the City representative.
- After weddings and receptions, potpourri and real flower petals may be thrown. Rice, bird seed, fake rose petals and confetti are prohibited.
- When bringing in and removing equipment from the house, use the kitchen door only. See the Caterer Guidelines
- All trash must be in trash bags and placed in the containers provided in the fenced area at the rear of the house.
- All furniture must be protected when using live flowers. See the Decorator/Florist Guidelines
- Smoking, animals (other than service animals), fireworks, and releasing of floating lanterns or balloons are strictly prohibited.
- Lessee must be at least 21 years of age.
- Because of the historic nature of the house and the furnishings, children’s events are limited to the outside grounds area with access to the restrooms and kitchen. Access to other portions of the house will not be allowed for these events.
- The City of Brentwood reserves the right to require the client to hire security guards if the City deems necessary due to the size, nature, or time of the event.
CLEAN UP POLICY
- All decorations, equipment, and any other personal or rental items must be removed at the conclusion of the event.
- Lessee is responsible for making sure all trash from the event is taken to the outside trash area. A kitchen trash receptacle is furnished, but lessee is responsible for providing trash bags.
- Ice must be disposed in the kitchen sink and not in/on the yard/grounds of the Mansion.
- Any items remaining when the City’s cleaning service arrives will be discarded unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Lessee is responsible for returning the grounds and facility to the condition in which they were found.
- Please refer to the Caterer Policy and Decorator/Florist Policy regarding their responsibilities.
- The City Manager or his designee is responsible for the implementation and enforcement of the above user policies and procedures. The City Manager may deny use of the house to any user when it is determined to be in the best interest of the City.
City of Brentwood
5211 Maryland Way
P.O. Box 788
Brentwood, TN 37024-0788