The Brentwood Police Department offers as a free community service the R.A.D. (Rape Aggression Defense) Program which is the largest and fastest growing women’s only self-defense program in the United States and Canada. R.A.D. is an international alliance of thousands of instructors united in offering practical options for responding to increasing acts of violence against women.
The Brentwood Police Department’s R.A.D. Program is a 12 hour Basic self-defense course which is taught in four 3 hour sessions. This course is offered for women 13 years of age and up. This is a “go at your own pace” program designed for virtually all fitness and skill levels.
Benefits of the Brentwood Police Department’s R.A.D. Program:
- Learn practical ways to make yourself a hard target in various situations
- Learn and practice easy, effective, physical techniques to defend yourself in a confrontation
- The opportunity to use the techniques learned against an aggressor in a controlled environment
- A great bonding experience for mothers and daughters - the only cost to you is 12 hours of your time
- An empowering experience that gives most women more confidence in themselves
- Lifetime return and practice guarantee
Apply for an Adult class: R.A.D. Application
JUNE RAD CLASS: It will take place on the following days at 1300 Sunset Rd:
Monday, June 29th from 6 pm to 9 pm
Tuesday, June 30th, from 6 pm to 9 pm
Monday, July 6th from 6 pm to 9 pm
Tuesday, July 7th, from 6 pm to 9 pm
The Brentwood Police Department also offers as a free community service the radKIDS® program. The radKIDS® Personal Empowerment Safety Education Program is a 10-hour family centered safety education program that emphasizes essential decision-making skills as well as physical resistance options to escape violence.
The Brentwood Police Department limits the class to ten kids between the ages of eight and twelve. For more information interested parents should email the instructor, Officer Sam Bady.
Watch WKRN News 2 coverage of Brentwood’s radKIDS® program:
Apply for a RADKids class: RADKids Application
UPCOMING CLASSES: TBA
Officer Sam Bady
Officer Mark Wood