The City is always searching for new, diverse methods of communicating with residents. As the Brentwood community relies more and more on electronic information to keep up-to-date on current events including local government news, the City realizes that the use of social media tools can be another way to share timely, pertinent information on the activities of city government and issues affecting the community. The City’s use of social media is intended to disseminate timely, relevant information that is clear and concise, thus avoiding overwhelming Brentwood citizens with frivolous information.
The City uses different social media outlets to get the message out. The table below lists the various social media applications the City uses and the types of information that is available from each of them.
|Social Media Site
|Types of Information You Will Receive
| Emergency Alert Program
|Get alerted about emergencies and other important community news by signing up for our Emergency Alert Program. This system enables us to provide you with critical information quickly in a variety of situations, such as severe weather, unexpected road closures, missing persons and evacuations of buildings or neighborhoods.
You will receive time-sensitive messages wherever you specify, such as your home, mobile or business phones, email address, text messages and more. You pick where, you pick how.
Click on the following Link to get started: Emergency Alert System
- Traffic accidents and road closures creating significant traffic problems on major roads
- Hazardous materials incidents that potentially threaten resident safety
- Structure fires with traffic impacts on major roads
- Tornado warnings and other severe weather events such as flash flooding
- Police activity where residents are asked to take immediate precautions or assist police by looking for particular person(s), vehicles, etc.
||The City has three Facebook pages - one for general City news and information, one for Police Department requests for citizen assistance, and one for Library specific news and programs.
City of Brentwood Facebook page:
- General City news about upcoming events and meetings such as City Commission meeting, Crockett Park concerts, etc.
- Road and utility construction project updates
- Links to meeting agendas, minutes, videos, etc.
- Other items of importance to the public
The Brentwood Police Department Facebook page:
- Information on wanted suspects, open cases, etc.
- Requests for tips
The Brentwood Library Facebook page:
- Information about upcoming Library programs and events
- Updates on new services or materials
||The City has two Twitter accounts - one for general City information and one for Parks athletic field condition updates.
City of Brentwood Twitter account:
The Brentwood Parks Twitter account::
- All information posted to the City's Facebook page and the City's Nixle page will also be posted to Twitter
- Updates on athletic field closures
| Keep up with what's happening at the Library on their blog.