Skip to page body Home About Us Online Services Departments I Want To... Resident Info Doing Business

Plumbing Contractors:

Connection to Public Sewer and Additional Sewer Cleanout Requirement

Please be advised that the City of Brentwood - Water & Sewer Department no longer allows a fernco as a connection to the City of Brentwood's public sewer system; connection(s) shall be glued fittings.

A clean-out, per Water & Sewer specifications, is also required at the private/public connection at the R.O.W. (Right-Of-Way) or edge of easement, if in side of rear yard.

Specifications and details can be found via the Water Services Department's Water and Sewer Planning Guidelines and Standard Specifications  (PDF file size approx. 3.8mb). To download a copy, click here

For other sewer purveyors serving the city of Brentwood area, contact their offices for specified requirements.

For inquires and further information, contact the City of Brentwood - Water & Sewer Department at (615) 371-0080.

Residential Grinder Pumps

The installation of new residential grinder pumps and the relocation of existing residential grinder pumps, connected to the City of Brentwood's public sewer system, requires a plumbing permit (check with the offices of other sewer purveyors, serving areas of Brentwood, for their permitting requirements). As noted in the plumbing permit application , you will need to provide three (3) copies of a site plan drawing, with the proposed location of the grinder pump noted.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Download Acrobat Reader Download Flash Player Download QuickTime Download Windows Media Player Download Microsoft Silverlight Download Word Viewer Download Excel Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer
Last updated: 3/1/2016 2:40:54 PM