Libraries in our community are funded by property taxes.
Individuals who pay city of Brentwood property taxes* (either residential or business) may join The Brentwood Library with no annual fee.
Individuals who live outside of the city limits, but inside Williamson County may join for a $50 annual fee.
Individuals who live outside of Williamson County may join for a $65 annual fee.
* The US Postal service did not use official city limits when assigning mailing addresses, and sometimes it's confusing to recall where the city limits are.
The U.S. Postal service extends the 37027 postal code into Davidson County, however, no part of Davidson County is in the Brentwood City Limits.
All of Old Hickory Blvd. is in Davidson County, as are all businesses in or near the Target shopping center.
Nippers Corner is not in Brentwood, as the city limits on Edmondson Pike don’t begin until the curves south of Holt Road.
TO JOIN THE LIBRARY
Applicants (15 & up) should bring official photo ID and proof of current address. (Accepted forms of address verification include driver’s license/permit, checkbook, bank statement, property lease, voter’s registration card, utility bill, or proof of updated address from the Tennessee Department of Safety.) Hotel residents do not qualify.
Children (under 15) should bring a parent or legal guardian with the above requirements.
Educators who are actively employed in certified positions at public and private schools in Williamson County should present current Tennessee teaching certificate and pay stub, or the official Brentwood Library verification form signed by the school principal to qualify for a free library card.
BORROWING POLICIES, LIMITS AND FINES
- Most items check out for 3 weeks, and can be renewed twice for 3 weeks each renewal, unless the item is reserved for another library patron.
- Items in high demand*, check out for 1 week, and they may not be renewed.
- *Items in high demand are materials with multiple patrons waiting on the hold request list to borrow the items.
- Art & Book Club to Go kits check out for 90 days and may be renewed twice for 90 days each renewal.
CHECK OUT LIMITS
20 items total per library card
DVDs, Games, Art, Interlibrary Loan Items and Book Club to Go kits = $.50 per day
All other items = $.10 per day
Maximum fine per item = $10.00
We can only accept personal checks and/or cash.
We work with Unique Collection Agency. If your account is past due, contact the Circulation Department for more information.
LIBRARY E-MAIL NOTIFICATIONS
- Tell a staff member you’d like to get email notifications regarding available hold requests and almost due materials, or change your preferences online.
- Make sure to set your spam-blocking software to accept e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email reminders and courtesy notices are sent out as a service to our patrons. We want to remind our patrons not to solely depend on these notices as there will be times when our system may go down, unexpectedly, or for routine/special maintenance. Our automated system may send an email that never reaches your inbox, just as a letter in the mail can be delayed or destroyed in transit. The lack of these reminders will not affect the user’s responsibility to return materials on time and/or pay associated fines.
Click here to check out ebooks, audios and videos to your computer and/or portable device.
PLACING HOLDS REQUESTS ON MATERIALS
- You may have up to ten holds per library card at a time.
- Place holds online or at a computer catalog in the library.
- Call the Reference Department at 615-371-0090, ext. 8200 and have your library card handy.
- Visit the library and ask for assistance from a staff member
- You will be notified when the items become available and have two days to pick them up.
- Hold items must be checked out on the library card that was used to place the hold request. If you send someone to pick up a hold for you, that person must have your library card in hand.
CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT
- Enter Catalog
- Click on "My Account" in the top blue toolbar.
- Click on "Review My Account" near the center of the screen.
- Type in the barcode number from your library card and click "Display User Information".
- Items may be renewed, if no other patron has a hold request on the items and if the items haven’t been renewed twice already.
- Renew online at http://brentwood-tn.org/library and pay close attention to the new due dates for your materials.
- Call the Circulation Department at 615-371-0090, ext. 8070 and have your library card handy.
- Visit the library and ask for assistance from a staff member.
- Renewals made past their original due date will generate a fine that equals the fine rate times the number of days between the original due date and the renewal date.
Items must be returned to The Brentwood Library - we are a city library and not affiliated with any other branches or library system.
COSTS FOR LOST OR DAMAGED ITEMS
- Art = $100
- Board Book = $10
- Book = $20
- Book Club To Go Kit = $150
- Book on CD = $40
- DVD = $15
- DVD (set or series) = $35
- Games = $30
- InterLibrary Loan item = $50
- Music CD = $15
- Paperback = $10
- Playaway = $65
- Locking media cases = $5
- Collection Agency Referral Fee = $10
ACCESS YOUR ACCOUNT ONLINE (PAC)
- View a list of items you currently have checked out
- Renew materials, unless the item is reserved for another patron or the maximum number of renewals has been reached
- Place new holds requests, suspend existing holds requests, and check the status of items you have on hold
- View a listing of overdue materials or overdue fines
- Enable reading history feature and view your list
- Update your contact information and preferences
- Change log on information
- Read messages from the library
- Access mobile PAC from your mobile device
For questions about your library account, email the Circulation Supervisor
or call 615-371-0090, ext. 8600.