The City of Brentwood is one of more than 96 Tennessee communities that have submitted a Notice of Intent (NOI) application to the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation (TDEC) for coverage under the Tennessee phase II MS4 general storm water permit. Under this permit, the City of Brentwood will develop a program to manage the quality of storm water runoff from the storm water drainage system. The program will focus on the following:
- Public Education and outreach
- Public involvement/ participation
- Illicit discharge detection and elimination
- Construction site stormwater runoff control
- Post-construction stormwater management in new development and re-development
- Pollution prevention/good housekeeping for county operations
The 2014 Environmental Education Day is scheduled for October 1, 2014 and will involve approximately 200 high school students. For more information on this exciting day watch the video above of our 2010 event.